No longer as truthful as should be deserved, some names, places and events deliberately vague to protect identities that aren't mine

Monday 20 July 2015

Pedestals

I have learnt from repeated, harsh, crushing, bruising experience, to trust my instincts.  Even when they seem counter-intuitive.  I will regret it otherwise.

The analogous lesson has so far not been applied to how I assess the needs of friends.

For all of the praises my friends have about my character, I have an above average habit for letting them down.

But more to the point, I have the habit of letting down ones I didn't expect to, which are always the worst possible ones to have let down in any situation. 


I'm trying; the first step is admitting there's a problem, but it's still something I seem to get very wrong a lot of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment