No longer as truthful as should be deserved, some names, places and events deliberately vague to protect identities that aren't mine

Sunday 20 September 2015

Superman

I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one call away


My sense of self-worth took a lot of hits this week.
I don't feel I'm doing very well at work.
I don't feel I'm doing very well as a friend (am forcibly reminding myself constantly that things I consider trivial and insignificant have been called wow aspects of my friendship by 2 people in the last week)
I'm worrying a lot about the future, which is very unlike me.  Short, mid and long term futures; all of them.
I am understandably preoccupied with thoughts of this time last year, which was a pretty damned big blow to how I valued myself.

One of the things I try to do as a friend is be the emergency option at the end of the phone.  For the person who locked themselves out, for the person who broke up with their boyfriend, for the person whose world is falling apart and they can't work out why.  I have a car.  I'm up late.  You can call me and I will respond.  Living in a place with no phone signal for the last 11 months has been a big struggle with this - I've missed a lot of important calls from people and not been able to be there for them.

I'm trying hard to remember, that whatever low self-worth I currently feel, for a lot of people, I am only one call away.

No comments:

Post a Comment