No longer as truthful as should be deserved, some names, places and events deliberately vague to protect identities that aren't mine

Friday 21 October 2011

One of my favourite things...


This is the new Lamborghini Aventador.  The first production line cars have just started to ship to buyers so they're getting a new load of coverage in various car related news thingamies.  To be honest, at first, I really wasn't that keen on the Aventador.  Don't get me wrong, it's a Lamborghini and so I inherently love it on some level, and I much prefer it to the Gallardo, but I just wasn't that sold on it.  I'm also not a huge fan of the marketing video, but I think that's more an issue of concept.  As Lamborghini's new aggressive flagship model that shows a return to the more sharp and domineering lines of the Countach and Diablo I feel it should ride straight into the storm at the end and emerge on the other side, rather than drive head on at it and turn at the last minute.  It feels like a game of chicken.  Bulls (after which so many Lamborghini's, including this one) are named after, aren't known for losing games of chicken.

It has since, really grown on me however.  As the new flagship I'm actually kinda loving it.  I've shown it from the back because I think it shows the engineered lines of the Aventador so much better than the front profile.  The front is a lot more sleek, great for aerodynamics, but its the power that seems to be shown off in the rear end of the car (which admittedly is where the engine is so go figure) that is really appealing to me at the moment.

Most of you probably don't care about cars.  This is one of my more straight moments.  Cars, specifically Lamborghinis, but admittedly most supercars are something I can actually hold my own in a conversation about surprisingly well.  I don't care for most consumer level cars, sure some are nicer than others, but I don't pay attention.  It's all about the supercars for me.  That, and hockey.  Those two items are really where the straight part of my bisexuality tends to show itself.  Well that and finding girls attractive.


For the record, this is my favourite car of all time.  A Lamborghini Diablo SV '96.  There are some truly great cars out there (such as the Pontiac Firebird that I was talking about on twitter earlier, or the more recent Koeniggsegg concept cars), but everyone has their favourites, and for me, nothing has ever topped this so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment